Monday, April 7, 2014

Laurie Anderson response

I have mixed reactions to Laurie's lecture/presentation/talk/whatever it was. On one hand, the woman is obviously very talented, charming, and intelligent. This intrigued me and throughout the talk I kept picking up on little things that she said that I could twist and use for my own work as well as in my own life. On the other hand though, boy can she talk. Laurie had a lot of trouble staying on one topic and consolidating all of her points into one cohesive takeaway. Maybe this is what she wanted; maybe she wanted something uber-informal, something a little different that big Laurie Anderson fans would really enjoy. Fans that have seen everything would enjoy. But for myself, the talk seemed fragmented for much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment